Translate

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 11-Pass It On

Day 11-This morning as I hustled out the door to head to work I managed to recognize my dysregulated state and began breathing more deeply and being aware of the experience of driving to work. I noticed other cars, their speed and how many were honking their horns with drivers throwing up their hands at one another, and cutting each other off in traffic. I, in turn, took my time and avoided negative interactions on the highway. I stopped to get a cup of coffee and thought about the scene I had just experienced on the road. As I paid for my coffee, I asked to be charged for two coffees and for the next person who came in to be provided with "one on me". The barista looked confused because she said "she couldn't figure out how to do that." Another employee came over and explained what to do, and I left the interaction actually hoping the coffee would make it to another person. While leaving the store I left hopeful it might give a little joy to an unsuspecting person who might be in a rush to get to work on this cold Thursday. Today did not have a magical feel to it as some of the days have had, but I know that I am still trying to put good energy out to impact others in a positive manner. If nothing else, perhaps I was sowing the seeds of kindness with the coffee shop employees who helped me today. Sometimes we do not get to see the fruits of our labor and we have to trust the process and continue to forge ahead. 354 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment