Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 12-Carry On Soldier

Day 12- Today is day twelve in the year of kindness journey and today I got a little help. Knowing that 365 acts of kindness were before me starting this journey, I knew that I would need suggestions, help and encouragement to keep going as some days this idea seems a daunting task. A daunting but also exciting task, and somewhat overwhelming too :). Today I walked into a local CVS, purchased a simple but beautiful thank you card and began to write. I wrote a heart felt and encouraging thank you note to a soldier and his wife. I have never met this family, but my friend Melissa (the same sweet lady I have written about before) gave me their information and told me that the husband is to be deployed to Afghanistan in January of this upcoming year. I told them that although they don't know my family, we are forever grateful for the sacrifices that they both make to protect and serve families like ours. I have several family members who have served and currently serve in the military, and understand that the life of military members and their families are uncertain, difficult and full of generosity as they give of themselves every day to protect our rights and freedoms. No matter what anyone's political leanings are, I challenge that we should all support active and veteran military families. I will keep this family in my thoughts and prayers and will hope for his speedy and safe return to his own family. Thank you seems like such a small thing to say for such a generous act, however they are the only words I can find, so I say thank you and carry on soldier in the duty of our nation. This family may receive more acts of kindness from me this year...stay tuned to find out :). 353 days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment