Translate

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 7-Let's Kick It!

Day 7-As I considered my kind act today I thought I would wait and let the universe unfold before me the act for me to do. Most days, at this point, I am attempting to plan somewhat what my acts may be in order to have a game plan for myself. Today, however, I decided to wait and see what might be in my path for the day. My husband helped me cleaning our home today to get ready for the Christmas holiday and company we are expecting and then we began our Christmas family running around. We drove about an hour away to have dinner with my step-father's family for the holiday and on the way back I realized I might not be out again this evening once we arrived home. After all, my son would need a bath and help with bed time routine. Also, I hoped we might have a special visitor for a little while once we arrived home and knew the act of kindness would have to come from my home. This was a new adventure. I sat down with my computer and began to investigate. As I looked at charities and other organizations I came across World Vision's website. You can donate just about anything to others around the world and it is not very expensive to do so, depending upon what you decide to donate. As I scrolled through the list of items, one immediately caught my eye. I saw that I could donate two soccer balls to children in another country. My own son asked Santa for a soccer ball this year, and this just seemed like a nice thing to do that would parallel my own child's wishes for Christmas. As I entered my information and submitted the request I was filled with wonder. I began to consider what the children might think when their soccer balls arrive and with whom they might share them. Although a small act, I think this one might impact more children than just those who receive the gifts directly. I hope that not only am I giving the gift of soccer balls but of childhood fun, laughter and friendship. The gift, I hope will be much greater than just the balls themselves. I, of course, also have alredy delivered a substantial stack of gifts for a young angel from my company's angel tree. This time of year, I think all children should be given the gift of Christmas and I always donate to others' children who may be in need. 358 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment