Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 15-Protecting the Protectors

Day 15-Today is day fifteen of my journey on this trip of kindness and I am having more faith each day that the universe will deliver an act for me to be engaged each day. I received a notification in my email today for different types of Groupon offers and decided to scroll through to see the deals. Of course, since the holidays are still upon us I wanted to see what good deals might still be hanging out in cyberspace for the pickings :). Little did I realize that my act of kindness would be included in the list of "deals." The last one in the list caught my eye, and it's not one I have seen previously. On my list of possible "likes" was the ability to give a charity donation to provide K-9 unit dog officers with life saving protective gear. The contribution goes to a charity that provides bullet and knife proof vests to protect K-9 furry officers. Being a dog owner, and general animal lover, I thought this was a nice contribution and donation to give. Certainly we consider our human officers and provide for their protection,and I believe the K-9 officers should be protected as well and I am sure that others, including human oficers feel the same way. What a wonderful organization and idea to use social media to reach out to citizens to get others involved in providing for the protection of these important officers. 350 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment