Translate

Sunday, December 16, 2012

So it begins at the beginning

Today is December 16, 2012, and it is two days after the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School. As I look at the innocent big blue eyes of my three year old I begin to ponder. I said to myself, "I wish there was something I could do." Well, why can't I? What is stopping me? Sometimes we have to get out of our own way and put the doubts, worries and insecurities aside. I doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be and it has to happen. So, I have decided I am going to do something. Beginning with people in my own community, I am going to start a year of kindness. A no holds barred effort to change the lives of others and to share joy, peace and happiness in a world that seems a little darker these days. I'm not sure how this is going to work exactly, but I plan to do an act of kindness for others, every single day for an entire year. Obviously, I am going to need some help. This idea seems too big for just me, so I texted two friends who are kindred spirits, "So I have this great idea but I am going to need help...u in??" To which, without hesitation I received, "yep" and "Haha. I like the sound of this already. What is it?" Without hesitation two friends have enlisted. I love my friends :). This is the start of a revolution of soldiers of love and making a difference. Anyone can enlist and the only thing it will cost you is some time and compassion for others. I will share photos and stories and hope in return you will share your photos and stories. Send them to me and I will post them and share them for you! Let's start a ripple effect and see how far it goes. A year of kindness...are you in?

9 comments:

  1. You know I'm in!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful vision of yours with us. The world is a better place with you in it, Bailey! Now it's time for us to spread that love and kindness... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon...I knew I could count on you. Coast to coast friend...we got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Lisa...post your kind acts and share with others...let's see how far this goes!

      Delete
  4. I'm totally in. I'm excited about the possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea, you know I am in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share your kindness and challenge others to come here and share it too! Let's create a culture of kindness and benevolence to create a light in these darker days! Yeah to my awesome friends!

      Delete