Translate

Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 53-My Nephew

Day 53-On day fifty three in my journey of kindness I started a project that will culminate in another act of kindness on another day. Today, however as part of that project I completed a token for my nephew, Devon. As you know (if you are reading my blog on a regular basis) that I crochet and knit. Tonight I completed a green hat for my little nephew. I have been promising his mommy for some time that I would give him something made with love by me but had not carved out the time to complete it. After all, I am a working mother and don't have lots of free time to do all of the crafts that I would like to do. I love to make things. Doing so feeds my creativity and the feminine. I try to be kind to the environment and make my own detergent and dish washer detergent as well. There's a satisfaction I feel in doing this and I know it's not for everyone. So tonight, I completed the hat and alerted my sister in law that it is ready for delivery the next time that they come into town. I hope he will like it and every time he wears it will know it also holds a "hug" from his aunt Bailey! 212 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment