Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 64-Stay Warm Little One

Day 64-On day sixty four I completed an act of kindness for the youngest daughter of one of my cousin's. As you know, if you have been reading my blog, I both knit and crochet. My cousin's youngest daughter just turned three and she is a sweet little thing with blonde springy curls and a beautiful smile. I decided to make her a scarf of some sort as a late birthday present. As I started to work on the project, I was struck with the complexities of a toddler wearing a scarf. For example, it can get caught in a zipper or a seat belt. It might dip into a puddle when playing outside or become entangled in play equipment. As I continued working on the scarf, I decided to make a change. I worked on the piece and changed it into an infinity type scarf or a neckwarmer with buttons so that it could be easily slipped on and off for both comfort and coziness. I crocheted a sweet flower to embellish the piece. I gave it to my mother to deliver it today. I hope she will like it! Additionally, a medical professional completed an act of kindness for me. I had to attend my routine physical exam, and before leaving he told me he thought I needed to get more sleep. He pulled out his prescription pad and wrote a prescription for my husband to act as a buffer to help my son go back to bed rather than waking me up when he has trouble sleeping. Amazingly, my husband did not protest and did what was written on the little piece of heavenly paper. Maybe my positive energy is coming back to me ;). 201 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment