Translate

Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 54-Indulge Your Sweet Tooth and Someone is Kind to Me

Day 54- On day 54 I am feeling tired. Our family has experienced some stress over the week and I have had some difficulty sleeping. As a result I having been treating my insomnia with a crochet project that will be an act of kindness on a future date. Stay tuned to find out what that project is! It's going to be a pretty great post! On top of being tired, experiencing some family stress and having a busy week at work I spent the day in a training. The training consisted of a six hour video with some of my co-workers. While I enjoyed the humor they provided and the time with them I felt a little fried after the training was completed. I went back to my office and opened my desk drawer. Inside the drawer, on top of my pencils I saw it. It was a clear celaphon bag tied with a precious ribbon and full of sweet treats. One of my co-workers tracked me down yesterday afternoon and told me she had something for me. She told me she has been inspired by my blog and felt as though someone should do something kind for me. What a sweet thought she had...literally! She brought me a treat bag full of chocolates. I felt so touched that she thought to do this act of kindness for me. Little does she know that her help and patience with me every day is an act of kindness in and of itself :). I appreciate all of the support she provides. When I saw the treat bag I knew what I would do for my act today. I opened the bag, ate a piece of chocolate and then walked down the hall to share a candy or two with another co-worker who was fading fast like I was. I gave her some documenation she needed from me and placed the candies on top of the stack of papers. She was on the phone and I didn't want to interrupt. I put the papers on the desk, pointed to the candies and patted her lightly on the arm. She immediately brightened and smiled and mouthed "thank you." We can complain and sit in our funkiness or we can actively change the energy. Rather than us commiserating how tired we were we enjoyed a treat instead and had a quick goodbye before the weekend began. 211 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment