Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 63-A Day of Kindness for My Family

Day 63-On day sixty three of kindness day sixty two caught up with me :). I got home after midnight, which for a mom of a toddler is like never going to bed, and was so tired this morning when my son awakened me with the chickens (if you're a country girl you will get this reference). My husband, although he had gone to be early, was still sound asleep. Without complaint I swung my legs out of the bed and quietly brought my son downstairs. I turned on the television to one of his favorite shows and settled in to snuggle with him on the couch. He turned to me and batted his big blue eyes and asked, "mommy...will you make me pancakes?". I was so tired and just wanted to stay curled up under the blankets but I went into the kitchen and began to pull my supplies together. I took down the cookbook full of my PawPaw's recipes that my aunt so lovingly put together after he passed away and got to work. Although my son never got to meet this wonderful man, he resembles him in so many ways and will forever remain connected to him through his cooking, my family storytelling tradition and his own appearance that is similar to my special grandfather. I made pancakes and then we had a picnic for breakfast. I let my husband sleep until he could sleep no more, although I desperately wanted to do the same. Although these acts seem small, I did them with a grateful and serving heart. I put their comfort and happiness ahead of my own and hope that they know how much I love them. 202 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment