Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 60-Encouragement and Other Important Things

Day 60-Today is day sixty, and I know I promised a recap, but I'm running a little behind. I will do a recap during the weekend to provide an update on the acts of kindness, people impacted and some future plans. On day sixty I realized that during my average day I am presented with the opportunity to provide kindness to others on a regular basis. I took advantage of these opportunities today. Even though tasks took more time and resulted in more work than I had planned to have to finish up tomorrow, it was worth it. I offfered encouragement, support and gave the greatest gift of all...time to others today. I spent time attending an event, time with people I work with and gave a listening ear to a co-worker while also providing support and encouragement for the work that they do. Many days, I am so busy I have hardly the time to eat lunch or use the bathroom and I could get overwhelmed by this and excuse myself to provide for my own care (not that this isn't important...because it is) but today gave of my time to others. Needless to say, when I got home I was tired. I spent the evening playing with my son and husband and laughing and then fell asleep with my son after reading him his bed time story. Wow...what a day. Regardless of how busy I am, I am finding acts of kindness are in my path every day. 205 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment