Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 55-Day of Family Fun

Day 55-On day fifty five I spent the day with my family. I found out that one of my cousin's husbands had been out of town for several days the evening before. She is a stay at home mom with three beautiful little girls. I asked her if I could come today with my son to allow the cousins to play together. She seemed excited for us to come and told me that another one of our cousins would be coming with her children too. This means that there were six kids ages six and under playing, running around the house and creating a mess. Needless to say, it was a wonderful day and we had so much fun making memories together. Before leaving to go to her home I stopped by the grocery store. I picked up supplies to fix lunch for everyone and some treats for the kids. I piled the groceries into the car, buckled Owen in and headed down the road. I stopped by the local coffee shack that I love so much and picked up a cup of coffee for myself and one for my cousin as a treat for her. When I pulled in, my cousin met me at the door and I passed her the coffee. She also hugged me and welcomed us into her home. When lunch was prepared and all of the kids were at the table I asked my cousin to take a picture. My eyes got a little teary looking at all of those sweet little ones sitting around the table enjoying their lunch together. I grew up very close with my cousins and I am so grateful that Owen has the same opportunity. After leaving my cousin's home, I took Owen by to see one of my aunts as well. It was a great day! Not only did I make lunch and bring my cousin a coffee, but I also brought Valentine's treats for all of the kids. Kindness begins in our own families and then we can take it out into the world. I am grateful that a family of loved and loving children is the family in which my son will grow up and find belonging. 210 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment