Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 62-An Act of Kindness for Myself...Is that Cheating?

Day 62-On day sixty two I continue to feel tired and overwhelmed at times. I am trying to stay positive, but some days I am so tired and drained it makes it difficult to carry on this task. I know that there will be tough days and I continue to try to make sure that I am continuing on this journey. I am trying to not only be kind to others but to also be kind to myself. If I am tired, I try to rest. If I am hungry, I try to take a moment to eat and eat something healthy. There are many areas in my life that could use some tuning up especially those focused on self care. I am reminded that when I travel on an airplane the stewardesses, after they show the escape routes and emergency exits, remind that I have to put on my oxygen mask before putting on any other person's to help them. In other words, if I don't take care of myself, I am not able to be a good steward or provide for others. Sometimes with a toddler it can be difficult to carve out time for myself. As I work full time I feel guilty not giving him every moment that I have that are possible to spend with him. You may have an opinion about this...it's fine...I am just a working mom doing the best I can. So, today, I decided that my act of kindness would be to do something for myself. I scheduled a massage with a provider whom I adore and set off to spend my evening soaking up the gift to myself and then spent the remainder of the night with some wonderful women celebrating my sweet friend who will be getting married next Saturday. I laughed and shared stories and loved every moment. I got home much later than I had planned, but it was well worth it to re-energize myself. 203 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment