Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 57-Go Ahead and Pipe Cleaners

Day 57-On day fifty seven in my journey of kindness I found several acts of kindness found me. When I ran out to pick up some supplies that I needed for an activity today I noticed that the store was pretty bustling for a lunch time errand run. As I approached the checkout with my arms full of supplies I realized that the lines were very busy. Because there were no arm styems on le baskets I had my items precariously perched in my arms. I gingerly shuffled the items around to hold on to them in order to stand in line without dropping the items on the floor. I approached the belt and prepared to put my items on the belt. As I got ready to dislodge my items I noticed a young man swiftly walking in my direction with far fewer items than I had myself. He was listenting to music and missed my initial invitation to go ahead of me in the line. When he took his earbuds out and heard my invitation, he smiled. After paying for his items, he turned to me and said, "Thank you Miss!" and on his way he went. Later in the day a co-worker gave me some craft supplies in the form of two full packs of pipe cleaners. She gave me the two packs for my use with my son to make crafts at home. When I saw the two new packs I decided to keep one and to donate the others to his classroom for the teacher to use to complete crafts and activities with the kids. When I delivered the pack to the teacher she smiled and told me, "Of course we can always use pipe cleaners...thank you so much." I realized today that acts of kindness will be in our path if we are open enough to notice and complete them. Remember, when an opportunity presents itself to do something good "say yes...without hesitation...and do it." 208 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment