Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 61-A Great Big Thanks and Some Things Don't Work Out

Day 61-Today is day 61 and, once again, I am posting late. This has been a very busy week and I have found that I have had difficulty posting on time each day. I will be mindful and try to keep up as the next week approaches. Thank you for your patience and forgiveness of my tardiness. On day sixty one in my journey of kindness, I crafted special and genuine thanks for the work that others do on a daily basis that supports what I do. I created a message of thanks, that I hope will result in feelings of appreciation and respect for the difficult tasks that they face on a daily basis. I could not do my work without their support and wanted to make sure that they all know how much I appreciate all that they do! Additionally, today I received a sad message from my friend in San Francisco. She did not receive the art I made for her until today...yes it took that long to get to her, and it was damaged in the process. Apparently the work took a swim in the ocean because it was water damaged and then delivered to her home. She was thrilled, although the integrity of the piece was damaged. Fortunately, the message of the work was still in tact and she could appreciate the message and love that I sent to her. I am reminded that some times good acts fall short of the goal. Although things don't always work out the way we would like I think we should not be thwarted from our goal of creating positive energy, a culture of kindness and love for one another. Who knows how the work got wet? Maybe the postman tripped and fell or the truck was leaking...I'm grateful it arrived. 204 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment