Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 56-Jump Rope For Heart and Supporting Kids

Day 56-On day fifty six I had a long day. My son did not sleep well and I got up very tired this morning. My mother offered to come and keep my son for part of the day so that my husband and I could go out and spend some time together. My husband's mother, my mother in law, is battling cancer and he has been very emotional these last few days. He chose an afternoon movie and purchased tickets for us to pick up at the theater and we headed out the door when my mother arrived. We went out to lunch, went to the craft store (of course I needed more yarn) and then went to the movie. On my way home I remembered that I had seen on a friend's Facebook page that her son was to participate in Jump Rope for Heart today. As soon as we got home from our day out together, I went to the page and made a donation. I love that I have friends with children old enough to be engaged and who can understand that what they are doing is helping others. Even though I see so many children who are struggling both physically and emotionally my heart finds joy in the future of our world when I reflect on the healthy children in my own life. I am grateful that my son will grow up around others who know kindness, giving and empathy for others. For those children who do not have this gift I will continue my journey to bring peace, compassion, warmth, and understanding. 209 more days of kindness...are you in?

2 comments: