Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 17-A Long Day

Day 17-So others are starting to get in on the act of kindness. A friend of mine cleaned his mother's living room as a gesture of kindness and love yesterday. This was a sacrifice as he is a husband, father and full time employee. Another friend payed for a set of tired travelers at a local Applebee's having a note of kindness delivered to their table at the end of the meal rather than a bill. I am sure they were surprised! Wow! This thing is really taking off! Today was a long day for me, as you can probably tell by the lateness of this post. Some days as a working mother my days feel incredibly long and busy, but now that I am on this journey I am trying to rush less, pay more attention and look for others to help each day in a special way. I had to go back to the office late this evening and decided that I would do an act of kindness for some second shift co-workers. I used to work the shift regularly that they are on and it is a difficult one given the planning, patience and energy required to sustain the programming for which they are responsible. As a result, I thought to myself, "maybe they could use a pick me up." Sometimes we go through our days and forget to thank those with whom we interact every day. I could not do what I do successfully without the support and teamwork of these special individuals and I am eternally grateful for all that they do. I found myself turning into Kroger on my way to the office and decided to purchase some refrigerator packs of soda for these hard working folks as a pick me up and tangible "thank you" for the service that they provide every day. When I walked into the work area with the drinks I was greeted with a smile and heartfelt thank you for the package. I hope every day I remind them how important, special and valuable they are...I try to anyway :). 348 more days of kindness...are you in? If you are in...tell me how and I'll share your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment