Translate

Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 29-Kid Kharma

Day 29-Today is day twenty nine in my kindness journey. I am so fortunate to have a lovely family with a sweet little sidekick. When I picked my son up from school today we headed off to run an errand. While at the store he asked me if he could have a small car. The car that he picked out was a typical hotwheel car and I talked to him about an idea for an act of kindness today. We decided to buy an extra car of the kind that he picked out and leave it at the register with the clerk with the request that the clerk pass the car along to the next child who came through that particular line that might enjoy it. Owen was excited as we approached the belt to put the items on and asked if I could pick him up so that he could see the cars journey towards the clerk together. When it was our turn (we had to wait a while) the clerk began to total our items. As she prepared to put all the cars in the bag I stopped her. I explained to her this mission that I am on of completing acts of kindness and "paying it forward." She smiled. She said, "I love that idea!" and "I want to give you something!" while she grinned at my son. She reached behind her register and pulled a sticker off of a sticker sheet and gave it to Owen. She agreed to pass the car along and to share with the parent the reason the child would receive it. I hope the parent will take up the challenge and keep the movement going, but I understand if it is too much for them to do. I love getting Owen in on the action :). As we left the store he looked at me, smiled and asked me to pick him up. He hugged me tightly around my neck and said, "I hope he likes it mommy. That was kind." The lessons Owen is learning through this project are invaluable. 336 more days of kindness are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment