Translate

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 35-Friends and Food

Day 35-Today is the thirty fifth day in my journey of kindness. It has been a nice day. I spent all day enjoying the nice weather with my son, took him for a treat and spent time with my husband. We all took a walk together this afternoon. I am reminded today how fortunate I am to have such a loving and sweet little family. Family are not just those who are connected to us by blood, but may also be those with whom we have close relationships, who support us and love us without reservation. My friend Shannon, not the one in San Francisco (but I do love her too), is one of these people. She is an adopted family member to me and is such a kindred spirit. I feel so fortunate to be able to call her friend. She is kind and thoughtful and is always there when I need her. She validates my feelings even if I am being completely irrational because she loves me enough to do so. My husband cooked a beautiful dinner for us and we had some left over. After we ate and cleaned up the dishes, I noticed how much we had left over from our dinner. I decided to pack up the food and take it over to my friend Shannon. She just recently took on a new position at work and is not only busy during the week but has many weekend obligations at this time too. I thought it would be helpful for her to have the food to enjoy for lunch or dinner tomorrow. I texted her to make sure she was home and once she confirmed she was, I scooted out the door to take her the meal. I arrived at her door, hugged her and left the meal for her to enjoy. It was nice to see her if even for just a moment. Kindness comes in many forms, one of which may be friendship. 330 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment