Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Recap of Events So Far

So I promised that I would give an update every now and again to let you all know how things are going and how many people have been impacted by acts of kindness. I began my acts of kindness on December 17, 2012, in a response to the horrible tragedy at Sandyhook Elementary School. I decided that I would combat the evil that occurred on that day with rays of light and acts of kindness to help remember that there are helpers, kindness and gentle spirits everywhere. I wanted to bring some light to the dark days that seem to be happening all too frequently and garner so much media attention. So on December 17, 2012, full of excitement and anxiety I set off on my journey. It started with a tray of sticky buns and thirty two days later this is how it has unfolded. As I am able to track it, I have directly impacted 49 people with acts of kindness and two animals. This number does not take into account the workers who have delivered items that I have sent or others with whom I have shared this mission, such as workers at the UPS store, the salon where I donated my hair, the clerks, or other service professionals that have aided me in providing or delivering items. My blog has had a total of 1,622 views. Wow! I hope those reading are challenged to do their own little acts along the way and will join in with sharing what they have done. A total of nine friends and family members have shared with me their own stories or acts of kindness to be shared on my blog. In about a month, 49 peopleand 2 animals have been provided with kindness by me and 9 others have joined in...where will this journey end? I am encouraged and humbled by the acts of others. My year of acts of kindness is picking up steam...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment