Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 26-Tea and Cleaning Up

Day 26-Because I fell asleep last night with my son before posting day 25, today I am doing two posts. Today was filled with kindness. I took on an extra task for a co-worker, problem solved a little extra on behalf of another co-worker, gave tea to a co-worker who is battling a cold and as a result of spending extra time worked a little longer today. It was worth it though to pay it forward to others. I feel fortunate to work in a place where others have friendships, look after on another and have a culture of a caring community. It is certainly a good place to spend my days. When I picked up my son from his daycare he needed to use the "potty." When we walked into the bathroom I was confronted with another act of kindness. Someone had left papertowels and trash all over the bathroom floor. I explained to my son it would be kind to clean up despite the fact that the mess was not ours. He immediately jumped in to help me and we left the space much nicer than we found it. Some days the acts of kindness are right in front of us but we are so busy we don't think that we have "time to do it." Today I made sure to slow down and complete those tasks that found their way in my path. I am learning to take my time and remember that each time I make a choice, although small it impacts other people. We are all connected in this world and universe of ours and we have a responsibility to one another. At a minimum the task is to do no harm but I challenge we should all work to do good and benefit one another. A life of benevolence is a life well lived. 339 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment