Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 30-Rainy Weather and Recap to Come :)

Day 30-Today is day thirty in this journey of kindness. I have been on this journey and completing acts of kindness for thirty days without interruption. It takes approximately thirty days for something to become a habit and this challenge is now a solid part of my routine. One of the most interesting things that has occurred is how easily others share their own stories of kindness. For example, today a co-worker brought lunch for three other co-workers. To hear her experience in doing this act, experiencing the appreciative response and suprised reaction by the recipients certainly brought some emotional sunshine to the wet, cold and rainy day we are having today! My best friend's little girl told me at dinner tonight that she is also growing her hair in order to be able to donate it to make wigs for other kids who may be battling cancer. She is inspiring! She is so thoughtful and has such a kind heart and is only seven years old. I asked her if I can come with her when she donates her hair to take a picture and post about it on my blog. She smiled but told me she would have to think about it. I hope she will let me :). My act of kindness today was a fun one. Today, to say it is rainy is an understatement. It has poured down for the better part of the day, the ground is saturated and pools are formed across the roadways and in the grassy areas. Where I work we have to cross the grounds multiple times to move between buildings and to complete tasks throughout the day. As a result, one needs a sturdy pair of rainboots and an umbrella on a day like today. This morning I realized a co-worker did not have an umbrella and I had an extra in my desk as I had brought one from home to take my son from the car to daycare and to get into the office building as well. When I realized she did not have an umbrella, I gave her one of mine. I didn't give it to her to borrow mind you, but to keep, to have and to use on a regular basis. She smiled and was appreciative and a little reluctant to take it. After much insisting, she decided to keep it. I hope she is provided with a little sunshine of remembering the act of kindness each time she uses it. I also ordered Girl Scout cookies today and may give them to another person when I receive them as an additional act of kindness. Wow! They just keep coming. I know I promised a recap today, but I ran out of time to compile all of the acts today so I will have to post it at a later date and will keep you all posted. Stay tuned! 335 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment