Translate

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 40-Contributing to a Co-Worker

Day 40-Today is day forty in this journey of kindness. I can hardly believe that I have been at this for forty days. I think forty seems like an interesting number and has much significance to me as far as literature and sacrifice go in a metaphorical sense. Today, I completed a special act of kindness. The act for me today was that I contributed to a donation fund for one of my co-worker's to help offset medical costs. We could wear jeans if we paid a dollar to do so, and I contributed much more than that to the fund. I hope that my contribution, although small in the grand scheme of things, will be of assistance to a family in need. I was challenged by one of our office manager's when she found out about my journey of kindness as she stated, "Why shouldn't the acts of kindness start here at work?". She has also completed acts of kindness for co-workers and I hope the momentum will continue to grow. My plan all along was to start with acts of kindness in my own community and then to move out to the larger world and greater universe :). Getting back to my roots, so to speak, felt good today. 225 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment