Translate

Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 33-San Francisco

Day 33-Today is the thirty third day in my journey of kindness. Today I reflect on the gift of friendship. One of my sorority sisters, friend and bridgesmaid in my wedding, Shannon, recently moved from the east coast all the way out to San Francisco. She is a free spirit and is full of warmth, light and compassion. I had not intended my act of kindness to be for her today in particular, however it just sort of happened that way. Let me explain. I was introduced to a new art activity today called Zen tangles and I went to the craft store after work and picked up some supplies in order to try out the "new to me" method. I really got into it. I filled the page with designs and noticed that it began to take on a life of its own. Instead of me controlling the artwork I allowed it to flow through me and come alive on the page. As I neared completion of the piece I realized that it wasn't for me, but was for my friend. I noticed the way it came together and knew in an istant the piece was meant for her all along. As a result, I left a small space at the top to write her a short letter and I will put it into the mail tomorrow. I texted her tonight to tell her about the piece and to expect it at the beginning of next week. I hope it will bring her some happiness and she will know that she is loved when she receives it. I love her and am grateful to call her friend. She is compassionate and brave and although she is far away I hope this act of kindness will close the distance between us. I found today that the act of kindness chose me. 332 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment