Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 42-Helping Those Closest To Me

Day 42-On day 42 I decided I would target a member of my family and also help out a colleague for my acts of kindness as I am trying to remember to also impact those closest to me. On Sunday morning, although technically it was my morning of the weekend to be able to sleep in, when my son came in I quietly got up with him and left my husband sleeping soundly. I got up without disturbing him to allow him some extra sleep, although I badly wanted to sleep a bit longer myself. I spent extra time with my son, which was a bonus for me and fixed a nice breakfast for all of us. Typically, I might give my husband a hard time or complain about getting up both mornings during the weekend, but today, I brought no attention to this issue. My second act of kindness today was that I reviewed a program manual that a co-worker in a different position at work put together. He is younger in the profession and is eager to make an impact in a positive way and had conversation with me some time ago about the manual he created. I agreed to bring it home with me over the weekend to review it and to provide him with some feedback. This certainly took some time, but I was so grateful and humbled that he would be interested in the feedback I might offer. I hope that my feedback will help him with his professional development. Today I made an impact on two people I spend much time with and am reminded that small acts can go a long way to facilitating healthy and positive relationships. 223 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment