Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 34-Wrap Yourself in Kindness

Day 34-Today I completed a targeted act of kindness. I have been going to a massage professional who has improved the quality of my life this year. She is warm and positive and is full of encouragement when I need it. She also works with me on taking better care of myself and making time to do so, which is often a difficult task as I have three year old. A little over a month ago she told me that she felt like I "needed to write." She told me she could sense it and encouraged me to start writing but I was unsure what the writing project would look like. As I ruminated on that task I decided to start this blog. In a way, she is responsible for me beginning this written journey to accompany the acts of kindness that I had set out to do on December 17, 2012. My life is better for having her as a companion on my path. As a result, I wanted to complete an act of kindness for her today. I knit and am artistic, as you may have discovered in a previous post :) and I decided to make her a turquoise colored loop yarn scarf. It was beautiful. Turquoise to me seems to be a very healing color and I decided that the yarn was perfect for her when I saw it as I see her as a healer of both the emotional and the physical. When I arrived for my session today she greeted me as she always does. I smiled and told her "I have something for you today" as I pulled the scarf from my bag. She took it, ran it through her hands and then stepped forward and hugged me. She really hugged me like someone who has care for another does and I allowed her to do so. She thanked me and talked about the color saying "You know...I've really been drawn to blues lately...how perfect." I hope that she will enjoy this small token of my appreciation. She has made a tremendous impact in my life and I hope each time she wears the scarf she will know how special she is. 331 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment