Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 19-Redbox

Day 19-Today is the nineteenth day of completing acts of kindness for others. Today has been a busy day and while I have intereacted with others throughout the day, by this evening had not yet completed my act for the day. I spent the majority of the day today home with my son who had surgery yesterday. I watched a beautiful and challenging documentary on Netflix during his nap time called, "Dear Zachary", and if you have a chance...watch it and do something in your own community. Also, you'll need a box of tissues handy. This got me to thinking about movies in general. I decided on my way home, realizing that it is Friday, to make a donation to a local Redbox to pay for someone's or a family's movie for their enjoyment this evening. I loaded an envelope with changed and wrote on the outside of the envelope "Enjoy a movie on me" and taped it to the Redbox kiosk. Of course, I do not know who will go to the Redbox this evening, find the money taped to the machine and have the cost of their movie offset for them, but I hope that they will enjoy it and will choose to pay it forward. My sister also contacted me today with an idea for donations to be sent to the hospital that is treating her one year old for breathing problems. She postulated that crayons and coloring books may be well received by the staff to share with children being treated in the unit. Perhaps I can get this together for my act tomorrow. 346 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment