Translate

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 18-Breakfast and Blue Cars

Day 18-Today is day 18 in this journey of mine. Today, my son had to have a minor surgery to have the tubes in his ears removed and after a long day yesterday I was feeling very tired as we also had to get up very early this morning to be at the surgery center on time. After the procedure was completed he asked me if we could get pancakes on the way home. I usually make pancakes from my PawPaw's recipe at home, but decided this morning, being very tired, to go through the drive-thru and pick some up and get myself a large coffee. As I pulled through the drive-thru I noticed a blue car behind me. When I paid for my breakfast, I asked the cashier to use my card to pay for the next person behind me saying, "Go ahead and charge me for hers too and tell her I said to have a great day on me!" The cashier looked more tired than I felt and gave little response to my request, but was amenable to my request. As I pulled forward I saw in my mirror the lady in the blue car behind me prepare her payment only to be met with the receipt from the cashier instead. I watched the exchange as the cashier explained to her that her meal had been taken care of and she looked at me, gave a huge smile, waved and mouthed, "Thank you!" I waved back and said, "have a great day" and I hope she did. I began to wonder how often I was just walking through life consumed by my own tired feelings or worry before beginning this journey of so much sacrifice and care. I know that by the end of this journey, my life will be forever changed. Get active...don't just think it...do it. Put aside the excuses and worries and make a difference. I assure you, a little bit goes a long way. 347 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment