Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 43-The Sniffles

Day 43-Today is the forty third day in my journey of kindness. This time of year cold and flu symptoms seem to be everywhere and many at my work place have been impacted. A dear co-worker of mine who is kind and helpful has been plagued by such symptoms for several weeks. When I saw her today I noticed how congested she was and offered her some assistance. I told her that I had an almost full pack of Airborne Immunity Support in my desk. I left her in an office working and hustled across our campus to go and get it for her. I brought it back and gave her the package. I told her to keep the whole pack and use them as she needed. I hope that this small token will not only communicate my care for her, but will also alleviate some of her symptoms and provide her with comfort. In completing this act of kindness I reflected on the ability that we all have to help each other if the right tools and resources are available. I purchased the immunity support some time ago and had not really used much of it as I haven't been sick (*knock on wood) and it was waiting to be helpful for someone in need. I hadn't purchased it with the intention of giving it away, but as the situation presented itself I knew, in that moment, it was what was meant to be. 222 more days of kindness are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment