Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 36-Donation For Missions

Day 36-Today is day thirty six in my journey of kindness. That means that officially I am out of the 300's and into the 200's! It feels like a milestone today. I have been at this now for thirty six days and each day brings a new task and act of kindness for me to carry out and I wonder, where this path will lead me. Already I feel more at peace and more connected to others than I have in some time. It is interesting how doing for others can change you and your perception. The energy has a different feel to it and I am feeling more like my bubbly self this winter than I typically do this time of year. I feel like this journey has definitely provided food for my soul and spirit and has nourished me in a way that I was missing. In short, it's been pretty amazing. Today, in Roanoke, Virginia, a place I used to live, there is a group of people gathering at a local Mexican Restaurant to hold a fund raiser. This is no ordinary fundraiser but is designed to garner donations to sponsor a missions trip to Guatemala. I received notification of the fundraiser via social network and decided that although I could not attend in person, I could still contribute. No matter one's beliefs it is hard to argue with others going out into the world to create a positive impact through acts of caring and service. Although it was a small donation, all that could be afforded at this time, I hope it will make an impact and provide some help towards the trip. I am not affiliated with the church and it is not where my husband, son and I attended when we lived in Roanoke, but my son attended the daycare of the church and they loved and nurtured him during his time away from us while we worked. It is a loving and caring group and I hope that they will bring the same cheerfulness and love to the children in Guatemala that they did for my son. I know they will go out into the world and make a difference by spreading their happiness through service. I wish them safe travels and a lifetime experience. 229 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment