Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 24-Coffee Cake Take Two

Day 24-So today is day twenty four in this journey. I have been completing acts of kindness for twenty four days. It seems somewhat surreal in some ways that it has been so many days already. I am thinking at day 30 I may do some sort of a recap and total the people touched by kind acts so far...so stay tuned :). If you have been reading this blog all week then you know that I made a coffee cake for my husband to deliver on Monday and when I came downstairs noticed that it was still on the counter. Well, today it got delivered. Today the coffee cake was given to the intended recipient with no particular purpose other than as a gesture of kindness for the family for which it was created. I grew up in a family that good food is a way that we communicated love and togetherness. It was comforting and prompted time together and good memories. Although many of my acts have been random, some of the acts are more targeted. Some have an intended purpose, such as helping through a difficulty situation, while others are just meant to be kind and thoughtful in nature. Today was one of those days. I just wanted the family to know that they are appreciated and cared for and hope that they will enjoy it. Gifts are a language of love, friendship and appreciation. How often do we take for granted those around us. Worse yet, how often do we expect that they will behave a certain way. How often have I gone through my day and due to my own dysregulation or business forgot to smile, ask about someone's day or rush through an interaction. I am working to be present, mindful and appreciative. 341 more days of kindness...are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment